Sunday, January 2, 2011

50 Peaks for 50 Years

In February this year, Graham would have been 50. I too hope to celebrate my 50th birthday during that same month. Before he died, he and I started to plan a Lake District adventure, involving 50 somethings (mountains, pints of beer ...?). I have decided to see it through, to remember Graham, as my own celebration and also raise money for Teacher Support Network, one of the charities chosen by Towe to receive memorial funds after Graham died.

If you would like to join me on any, all or just a bit of one of the walks, you would be most welcome. The first is on February 5th, Graham's 50th birthday, and is a walk up his favourite hill, Loughrigg. During the year I will include all four peaks over 3000', and finish (hopefully) in September on Helvellyn. There is a mixture of easier and more challenging walks to suit most people, but being peaks I am afraid that they all involve some uphill!

The full list of dates is:
5 & 6 February
30 April, 1 & 2 May
26 & 27 June
27, 28 & 29 August
24 & 25 September

Please email me on chris.saunders@talktalk.net for more details about where I will be walking if you would like to join me.

And if you can sponsor me, please visit my Virgin Money Giving page at:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/RememberingGraham

Thanks and with all best wishes for 2011

Chris Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment